Our Church DNA
To draw our community into life with Christ
Philosophy & Purpose:
The church is God’s family. It’s not a building. It’s not a charitable organization. It’s not a social club. It is people who believe and confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. The church has no greater purpose than to love the Lord our God with all our heart, all our soul, all our strength, and all our mind, and to love our neighbors as ourselves. This brings God great pleasure.
Our church expresses its love for God in the following five areas:
- Worship – Celebrating God in our actions and attitudes
- Fellowship – Fulfilling our role in the body of Christ
- Discipleship – Helping each other mature into the likeness of Christ
- Ministry – Serving others on behalf of Christ
- Evangelism – Sharing with others the Good News of Jesus Christ
Vision & Values
Our church has life.
We don’t just warm the pews on Sunday morning – we live out life with God every day of the week. This abundant life is highly contagious – people can see life in us and they want it for themselves.
Our church is authentic.
Our church is an environment where people can develop real relationships with each other and with God. God can see through any facade, so we strive to be upfront and authentic with God and with each other. We don’t simply do things out of tradition or routine. We intentionally do things because they are important and effective in accomplishing God’s purposes.
Our church feels like home.
No matter where people are in their journey with God, they feel welcome and important. Each person is seen as family and is treated as such.
Our church is effective.
Our mandate is to make disciples of all the world and we are actively and effectively accomplishing that goal. The Bible is taught clearly and creatively so that every person can understand and obey the truths of Scripture. Prayer is a major part all activities, because we seek to join God in whatever He is already doing. With the help of the Holy Spirit, we clearly explain the Gospel of Jesus Christ to those in our sphere of influence. Everyone, regardless of Christian maturity, is discipled, encouraged, and built up by one another so that the church becomes even stronger and more effective.
Our church acts as a hub in our community.
We are actively involved all aspects of community life, both as a church and as individuals. This increases our sphere of influence and allows us many more opportunities to reach our community for Christ.
Our church glorifies God.
Although we are not yet perfect, we strive for excellence in everything we do, as we are a reflection of our God. Anything good that happens in and through our church is because of God and all praise goes to Him.
- In the existence of one eternal God existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- In the verbal inspiration of the Holy Scriptures as originally given by God.
- In the sinfulness of all men.
- That all sin must be punished by a Holy and just God.
- That eternal punishment is to be the penalty for sin.
- That man cannot redeem himself.
- That God, in love, provided a substitute for man so that there would be pardon available.
- That forgiveness from God comes as a result of repentance and acceptance of Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- That a Christian is governed by God. As such, he is a child of God and is to have a changed life which shows a turn from darkness to light.